Re: Basic questions about rollback segments ?

From: Martin Eppert <eppert_at_fant.ping.de>
Date: 1995/11/02

> - the OPTIMAL parameter of my rollback segments was null. As one of my
> rollback segment grew too big, I set it to a new value but nothing
> happened. What's wrong ?

The rollback segments shrinks not at once. If a look later, you will see it shrinking.

> - I've to create a new rollback segments for a rather long transaction.
> The transaction will have to be created with the option:
> set transaction use rollback segments name_of_rbs
> But how should I do, if I want other transactions to choose any rollback
> segments but the big one.

I think, that this is not possible. Sorry!

> Hope these questions aren't too silly...

Only some answers are silly.

Martin.

Martin Eppert, Dortmund (Germany)
e-mail: eppert_at_fant.ping.de

## CrossPoint v3.0 ## Received on Thu Nov 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message