Re: ORA-12500 on alpha Open-VMS

From: Peter Farrell <peterf_at_cognos.com>
Date: 1995/11/02

In article <472r11$2tu_at_news.decus.se>, SUNDMANPG_at_decus.se says...

>Can anyone tell me whats wrong?I get this message when I use Oracle
 NetTest:
>ORA-12500 can not start a dedicated process.
>(I get the same message what ever i trie!)
>What to do? Anyone, please help!
>I use an alpha axp Open-Vms 6.1 ,Ucx 3.2,Sqlnet v2 and the listener
 seems to
>work just fine!

I'm having a similar problem, except it's my listener that keeps going down. Yesterday it happened 3 times. We can't tell what's happening ?

My DBA has traced our problem to a particular routine but he doesn't have access right now so I can't post the routine name.

Are you sure that the listener is fine ? If you run a check on the listener it will tell you that everything is ok but it really isn't.

Try bringing the listener down and back up again. You shoul be okay.

Have you logged a call to Oracle. We've been trying to get some feedback from them for over 2 months. Still no action.

If you get anything please let me know. I'm getting really desperate !

Pete Farrell
Cognos Incorporated
peter.farrell_at_cognos.com Received on Thu Nov 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message