Re: ORA-12500 on alpha Open-VMS

From: Lisa Roderick <roderick_at_eps.enet.dec.com>
Date: 1995/11/02

In article <472r11$2tu_at_news.decus.se>, SUNDMANPG_at_decus.se says...

>Can anyone tell me whats wrong?I get this message when I use Oracle NetTest:
>ORA-12500 can not start a dedicated process.
>(I get the same message what ever i trie!)
>What to do? Anyone, please help!
>I use an alpha axp Open-Vms 6.1 ,Ucx 3.2,Sqlnet v2 and the listener seems to
>work just fine!

From the mesages manual:

12500, 00000, "TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process"

// *Cause:  The process of starting up a dedicated server process failed.
// The executable could not be found or the environment maybe set up
// incorrectly.
// *Action: Turn on tracing at the ADMIN level and reexecute the operation.
// Verify that the ORACLE Server executable is present and has execute
// permissions enabled. Ensure that the ORACLE environment is specified
// correctly in LISTENER.ORA. If error persists, contact Worldwide Customer
// Support.

--
Lisa Roderick
Applications Systems Engineering Performance Group