Re: temporary tablespace problem

From: <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Date: 1995/11/01

In article <472ohg$p7i_at_maverick.tad.eds.com>, lnustruk.xzw6cb_at_eds.com (Michael Higgins) wrote:

> I have a package that performs a bunch of inserts to a table. My problem
> is that if I do too many inserts, I get an ORA-01547 - Failed to allocate
> extent of size 250 in tablespace TEMPORARY (my default temp tablespace).
>
> I'd like more information about what gets written to my temp tablespace
> so that I might be able to solve my problem.
>
> I'm running Oracle 7.0.16.6.0 on a NetWare server.

Higg,

I can't imagine what gets written to a temp tablespace during an insert. The only conclusions I can draw are:

  1. Your table is located in the TEMPORARY tablespace and does not have sufficient space to insert the record(s).
  2. You are using a rollback segment that was created in the TEMPORARY tablespace and it has insufficient space to grow to include the rollback information for your transaction.

Check all your rollback segments and check the tablespace in which the table (or its indexes) resides.

Let me (us) know what you find out.

Matt... Received on Wed Nov 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message