Re: Personal Oracle - Stack Overflow

From: Paul Gowers <paul_at_tdbsoft.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/10/29

I observed this behaviour on my current client's site. We tried all kinds of stuff to try and make it go away (including the suggestions in the release notes about sound drivers etc). We really moaned at Oracle and in the end, between the two of us, we produced a test case. The problem was in fact being caused by a bug in win32s.exe which they provided a patch for, and hey presto - no more stack overflows!

So, you may want to try and get hold of the latest win32s.exe from Oracle. I believe it's on their ftp server (ftp.oracle.com).

Rgds
Paul Gowers Received on Sun Oct 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message