Re: Alerts

From: Msys Inc <msys_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1995/10/29

Dave <dsames_at_pop500.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

>Does anybody have any information about this ? How does it work ? Can it
>be used to send out "messages" to other processes notifying them that data
>has changed ? Is there a better way to do this ? Any info that you have
>will be appreciated. I am trying to have the database notify 1 to
>processes (including forms if possible) that data has changed within the
>database and they need to respond to it by updating their information
>stores.

Dbms_Alert works! we have used dbms_alerts and dbms_pipe to communicate between the database and processes in many of our customer sites.

Dbms_Alert sends the message only when you do a commit of the transaction.

Send me email if you need more information

|                MSys Inc.                           |
|           Oracle Consultants                       |
|   On-Site & Off-Site Consulting & Development      |
| Phone/Fax (910)-763-7183 EMail: msys_at_delphi.com |