Re: DB2/400 Stored Procedures vs. Oracle7

From: Lawrence James <james.lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: 1995/10/23

In article <458rnm$h0j_at_shiva.usa.net> meister_at_usa.net writes:
>From: meister_at_usa.net
>Subject: DB2/400 Stored Procedures vs. Oracle7
>Date: 8 Oct 1995 15:45:58 GMT

>G'day!

> Our company is trying to convert existing software running on AS/400 to
> Unix running Oracle7.1.

> In DB2/400 it's possible to attach an embedded SQL/C program to
> a database procedure. Is there a corresponding method in Oracle7
> without getting heavily involved in Remote Procedure Calls?

> Thanks in advance...

> Steve

I think you want to look at 'named pipes' to do this. It won't be the same thing but it'll let you do what you want. First I'd revisit the need for the C, you may be able to do some of it in PL/SQL and avoid complicating things.

Lawrence..... Received on Mon Oct 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message