Where do I get SQL*NET?

From: Timothy R. Davis <davis_at_nando.net>
Date: 1995/10/21

I have just downloaded Oracle Enterprise Server from the Oracle web site, loaded it onto my NT Server, and created a table. I have successfully run ODBC Test on the server, using the SQL*Net string of p:NTSERVER:ORCL, and a DSN of NTSERVER (which is the name of the computer). Now, how the heck do I connect to it from my NT Workstation of WFW computer? I have installed all the ODBC drivers I can find, and read everything I can, an all evidence points to finding and running SQL*Net. Is this for sale, is it downloadable somewhere, or what? Is it on the Enterprise Server package I downloaded, and if so, what do I need to do to make it work on a client? Please, talk to me like a five-year-old, because I know absolutely ZERO about Oracle (although I know plenty about NT, NTSERVER, etc...) BTW, are the OpenLink ODBC drivers worth a damn? And can they be run on a private TCP/IP network?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!! -Tim Received on Sat Oct 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message