Re: Oracle Archiving Need

From: Steve Tahmosh <stahmosh_at_tiac.net>
Date: 1995/10/14

There once was a product called SQL*ARCHIVE by a canadian company. This product allowed selective archiving/purging of tables based on "Where- -like conditions, and also tracked where the archive sets were stored on tape. I only requested info on the product, and never acquired it. However, I do know that the company was bought by OpenVision Technologies (??) - their products include Open*V - products, basically a bunch of tools companies they bought or otherwise attempted to incorporate into their company umbrella. Mike Fields, a former Oracle Senior VP, left Oracle to head up the company. I haven't heard much lately, but you might try searching for information on OpenVision.

Good Luck
In article <45j23m$68j_at_ef2007.efhd.ford.com>, kmcclure_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com says...