Re: Personal Oracle

From: Tom Sims <Tom-Sims_at_hlp.com>
Date: 1995/10/06

You can download a 90 day trial of Personal Oracle for Windows from the Oracle server www.oracle.com

My limited experience in defining Oracle Tables and using the import tool to populate them (Using Personal Oracle for Windows) and my extensive background in dBase from version 2 through veriosn 4, including Clipper, leads me to tell you that the port will NOT be simple or quick, but it is do able.

If you are not very familiar with PO I shoulkd warn you that it is not at all like Dbase. All PO is, is a database. It comes with no user interface, report writing etc. To set it up and use it, you almost have to be a combination dba/designer/developer. Received on Fri Oct 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message