Personal Oracle

From: Chariya Peterson <cpeters1_at_condor.depaul.edu>
Date: 1995/10/06

Hello,

Please forgive a newbie if this question is already in the faq. But I don't know where the faq is located.

I have an old homegrown database written in C and developed on an 88 machine. It begins as a personal knowledge mining project. Recently there is a plan to develop a relational database for my department and we would like to add my database to the project. (We have Oracle in our network.) Three questions

1- My old database talks to DBASE IV, is there a way to port the databases from DBASEIV to Oracle, and to Personal Oracle ?

2- I heard that there is a trial Personal Oracle one can download to a PC. Could someone please give me some pointers?

Thank you,
chariya peterson Received on Fri Oct 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message