Re: Ingres to Oracle table

From: Jerry Bull <gbbull_at_denitqm.mnet.uswest.com>
Date: 1995/10/05

In article <451c3p$cnd_at_nntp.interaccess.com>, <sapan_at_GBBULL.uswc.uswest.com> writes:
> Hi netters,
>
> I have a relatively simple question for people who have worked on
> Ingres as well as oracle.
>
> I know how to create tables in Oracle.
> I would like to create table 'text' from the following information:
> (actually, I have about 20 or so more tables to create.)
>
> Ingres table sample layout that I have:
>
> Name: text
> Owner: ingres
> Created: 05-jan-1994 17:00:01
> Type: user talble
> Version: ING6.0
> Row width: 75
> Number of Rows: 200
> Storage structure: btree
> Compression: none
> Duplicate Rows: not allowed
> Number of pages: 50
> Overflow data pages: 0
> Journaling: diabled
> Base table for view: no
> Permissions: yes, including SELECT to ALL
> Integities: none
> Optimizer statistics: none
>
> Cloumn Information:
> Key
> Column Name Type Length Nulls Defaults Seq
> name character 15 no yes 2
> zpa integer 25 no yes 1
> zpb integer 25 no yes 3
> zpc integer 25 no yes
> zpd integer 25 no yes
>
> Please post replies on the net with possible brief explanation.
>
> Thanks,
> Sapan.

Try running unloaddb -c for either all desired tables at once or once at a time. This will create the sql statements to both export the ingres data into text files and to create the tables (ingres syntax). You can then edit the create table file to remove unnecessary commands and convert the data types into Oracle data types. To load the data I assume you could use the import utility.

Hope this helps.

Jerry.

Jerry Bull, MTS			voice: (303) 624-3073
U S WEST Information Technologies	fax:   (303) 624-8462
931 14th Street, Suite 920	email: gbbull_at_denitqm.mnet.uswest.com
Denver, CO 80202