Re: Quieting a Forms 4.5 error msg

From: <100756.416_at_compuserve>
Date: 1995/10/05

anthony_at_sisko.dnaco.net (anthony) wrote:

> I am running Forms 4.5 and am performing a number of querries in
>a particular form. In this case, I have one parent block that the user
>performs a query on, then can use the up and down arrows to scroll though
>the database items one at a time. In the triggers for key-up and
>key-down, is:

declare
  ok char(1);
begin

  >next_item;  (or previous item, for up arrow)
  >go_block('block2');
  >clear_block;

  check_for_one_child(ok);
  if ok = 'Y' then

     >execute_query;
  end if;
end;

procedure check_for_one_child(ok char);
  dummy char(1);
  cursor check is
    select 'X' from child_table ct
    where ct.key = :b1.parent_key;
begin

    open check;
    fetch check into dummy;
    if check%NOTFOUND then ok:='N';
    else ok := 'Y';
    end if;
    close check;
end;

Anthony,

One way is to check for just one row in the child table before doing the execute-query (see above).

Hope this helps.

John W 100756.416_at_compuserve Received on Thu Oct 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message