Re: ODBC and WIN95

From: Tom Sims <Tom-Sims_at_hlp.com>
Date: 1995/10/03

I have been successful in using SQL PLUS 3.1.3.7.2 to communicate with the WIN95 beta database as well as an Oracle instance running remotely on an AIX box. The remote connection is via SQLNET 2.1.4.1.4 and TCP/IP from the Developer 2000 package. I can connect with the WIN95 database via SQL PLUS 3.2 but when I attempt to connect to the remote instance via SQL PLUS 3.2 , SQLNET doesn't load. Furthermore, when I use the data navigator supplied with the WIN95 beta, I can view the WIN95 local database but when I try and establish any remote connections I get the same error indicating that SQLNET is not running properly.

It seems that I am not alone as I have read many similar posts and as yet have read NONE that indicate success in connecting to remote databases using the tools bundled with the WIN95 beta. Atleast none using TCP/IP and SQLNET.

Quite frankly I am surprised that Oracle hasn't come forward and acknowledged this problem. I feel that there are many who share my feeling on this. Received on Tue Oct 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message