HELP - ORACLE SET PASSWORD

From: Raed Turkmani <rturkman_at_nas.edu>
Date: 1995/10/01

We have a situation were we need to allow the end-user to modify his/her own password from a front-end tool (i.e., SQL*FORMS, etc). We have created user accounts in Oracle and supplied our end-users with default passwords that they would like to alter.

I have looked at all of the ORACLE provided systems packages, stored procedures and functions and could not locate one that could be called from the client application to alter an individuals account password.

Contacted Oracle support, and they informed me that they do not have any pkg that meets my needs.

Has anyone written a stored procedure, C program, PL/SQL script that provides such functionality to end-users? I am sure this question/requirement has come up before.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

RT - National Academy of Sciences. Received on Sun Oct 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message