PRO*C linking problems

From: Tony Hong <thong_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1995/09/24

Hi, I'm having a really strange problem with PRO*C and it's driving me up the wall! We have two installations of Oracle, identical except for the fact that ORACLE_HOME is /home/oracle in one install and /opt/oracle in another.

When I try to build the sample1 PRO*C demo program in the "/home/oracle" install, everything goes great if the database is not mounted. If it is mounted, I get core dumps, sometimes with error messages indicating that the linker cannot find archive symbol tables in a number of the $ORACLE_HOME/lib archive files.

In the other install, PRO*C compiles and links regardless of whether the database is online or not.

Anyone out there know why it might be failing in the first instance? Any help is definitely appreciated. Thanks!

Tony Received on Sun Sep 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message