Re: Open Letter to Oracle re Linux (pls read and follow if you agree)

From: <kht_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/09/22

In article <43u2ud$b5p_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com> geoff_at_gvingram.demon.co.uk writes:
>Personally, I would like it. I cant see how anyone would make a killing from it
>though. How much would people be prepared to pay. People using a free OS might
>be a bit reluctant.
>

>Geoff Ingram

They may not make a killing but when more and more software is supported on a platform its popularity increases.

Right now I know of a dozen COMPANIES that coneede that linux is a superior OS than any flavor of windoze but there aren't enough (at least readily nown and available) software running on it.

Microsoft did that (flood market with useful software running on DOS etc) and I attribute their success to that strategy. Received on Fri Sep 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message