Re: Open Letter to Oracle re Linux (pls read and follow if you agree)

From: Michael J. Marolda <mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net>
Date: 1995/09/21

In article <43smra$dc6_at_aggedor.rmit.edu.au>, Oracle FAQ <orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
>Dear Oracle and fellow Oracle users
>This is an open letter, if you are interested in Oracle supporting
>Linux directly, please follow on with a simple line like 'me too'

>editing out most of the letter. Oracle Corp people read this newsgroup,
>and if enough interest is shown, they might get off their collective

>bums.

I don't think it'll do much good, but (feeling like an aol'er): Mee Toooo!

>Oracle already distribute GNUish stuff for linking SCO (what do you
>think idar, idld, etc are?).

Don't forget their wow toolkit. Not really supported but in the spirit.

>The first major RDBMS company to support Linux is going to make a
>killing. And if they also write add-ins to the Andrew User Interface
>System like org or table, and distribute it (even unsupported), then
>we might even kick MS-Word (heroin for companies) in the teeth.

Empress does this. However, I sent them my money a month ago and still haven't seen anything.

Mike Marolda

--
mmarolda_at_onramp.net
Bristol Database Resources Inc.