Re: Oracle datafiles across an NFS

From: jared still <jared_at_valleynet.com>
Date: 1995/09/21

Neil Greene <ngreene_at_SHL.com> wrote:

>>Do not try to create the datafiles as the root account ! This won't
>>work on NFS since root has very few privileges on NFS mounts.
>>
>>If you have more questions, email me directly.

>Ummmmm. You _are_ doing this and you are still able to maintain database
>integrity over the NFS mounts?

>--
>Neil Greene
>Senior Oracle DBA / Unix System Administrator
>SHL Systemhouse, Inc. (PH) 714-562-4255 / (FAX) 714-562-5225
>LA Outsourcing Center <HREF=mailto:ngreene_at_shl.com>

I have not had any problems with it so far ( several months ). These are not production databases, so I'm not quite so nervous about the data that is in them if they were. They are currently on NFS due to lack of space on the local machine. ( due to be remedied this week. NFS does NOT give good performance )

Jared
jared_at_valleynet.com

jared still                  ---- ___o
jared_at_valleynet.com       ----  _`\ <,_