Re: Oracle datafiles across an NFS

From: jared still <jared_at_valleynet.com>
Date: 1995/09/21

Andy Chan <chanandy_at_hk.super.net> wrote:

>NFS is a stateless communication procotol and therefore it is of
>NO guarantee a "though-to-be" checkpointed write request has actually got
>onto physical disk. If your redologs are on NFS as well, then committed
>transactions can be disappeared if your systems crash at the "right"
>time.

>I hope your database isn't mission critical, good luck !!

>Andy :)

No, it isn't. It is a development database. The performance is not so hot, but so far ( several months ) that is the only problem.

Where were all you guys when I wanted to know more about creating datafiles on NFS drives? If I had known all this about NFS I would have pushed harder for some more local drives.

Jared
jared_at_valleynet.com

jared still                  ---- ___o
jared_at_valleynet.com       ----  _`\ <,_