Re: Export table to comma delimited file?

From: Peter van der Kooi <kooi_at_telecom.ptt.nl>
Date: 1995/09/18

Pete,

>I wrote a couple of .SQL scripts to do just this a couple of years ago
>when we needed to do a version 7 to version 6 data transfer. I
>haven't used them for a while but they produced what Mike Philippens
>was describing. Basically, they accept a table name and username/pw
>as input and produce a complete SQL*Loader file (header and data) as
>output. Limitations include the inability to handle Long & Long Raw
>data (and possibly other datatypes that we don't use) and the fact
>that I haven't used them for a long while. They use SQL & PL/SQL and
>are run from either a DOS batch file or a Unix shell script in order
>to be able trim trailing spaces. If anybody wants a copy of the code
>(no guarantees or documentation sadly) I can E-Mail a zip file of the
>necessary scripts.

Could you post the sources to the appropriate groups, so everyboy can enjoy your work. There are more solutions ( I've snooped some C-like programming sources that also could do the trick from the net)

Peter
Systems Engineer
Master DBA Received on Mon Sep 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message