Does 32-bit SQL*NET for Windows NT exist?

From: Rick Flanders <flanders_at_mv.mv.com>
Date: 1995/09/15

Does 32-bit SQL*NET exist for either Windows NT or Windows 95?

We have a large C++ cross-platform (HPUX/WindowsNT) application that accesses Oracle 7 on an HP machine using SQL*NET. We need to get the equivelent to work on NT (i.e. access to Oracle server on HP from an NT client), however our program is 32-bit (because we need multi-threading).  The DLL provided by Oracle is only 16-bit and does not work with 32-bit programs. We heard a rumor that this piece of the product has been taken over by InterSolve. Is this true? Who do we contact to follow up on it?  Where do we go from here?

Also, I'm wondering if there are any other ways to solve this problem. Someone suggested using 32-bit ODBC, but as far as I know, it does not run on UNIX and I've been told that it is quite slow. We are looking for a solution that will be portable between UNIX and NT. Received on Fri Sep 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message