Re: Does 32-bit SQL*NET for Windows NT exist?

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/09/18

In article <DEy93q.72r_at_mv.mv.com>, Rick Flanders <flanders_at_mv.mv.com> wrote:
>Does 32-bit SQL*NET exist for either Windows NT or Windows 95?
>
>We have a large C++ cross-platform (HPUX/WindowsNT) application that
>accesses Oracle 7 on an HP machine using SQL*NET. We need to get the
>equivelent to work on NT (i.e. access to Oracle server on HP from an NT
>client), however our program is 32-bit (because we need multi-threading).
> The DLL provided by Oracle is only 16-bit and does not work with 32-bit
>programs. We heard a rumor that this piece of the product has been taken
>over by InterSolve. Is this true? Who do we contact to follow up on it?
> Where do we go from here?

Oracle has production versions of SQL*Net for Windows NT. Windows95 support is still on beta. Intersolve has not taken over Oracle SQL*Net. You'll have to call your salesperson since there are different versions and flavors(tcp,named pipes) available..

Intersolv does provide 32bit Oracle ODBC drivers though. Generally speaking, you'll need a 32bit ODBC driver AND 32bit SQL*Net.