Re: Alternative to Designer 2000

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/09/14

Gary Wong (gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca) wrote:

>> dl43_at_cityscape.co.uk (Geoff Evans) writes:
>> We are looking at implementing Designer 2000 as out development environment. I would like to hear
>> from any Oracle users who have resisted this latest offering from Oracle
>> and chosen other approaches. We are running on a DEC ALPHA platform.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>Geoff,

>By 'running on a DEC ALPHA platform', do you mean *totally*?? If not, and you have PC's networked to
>your (I assume...) Oracle database on DEC Alpha, you might want to take a look at LogicWorks
>ERwin/ERX 2.0 tool. Logical/physical database design features are comparable to those of Designer/2000,
>and this tool can even connect up to the Oracle RDBMS to reverse-engineer or generate DDL.

>However, I haven't found any other product that offers BPR, Functional Modelling, Logical/Physical
>Modelling, Module generation, etc. all in one package. So if you're looking at an 'all-in-1' solution, I can't
>help you.

Add BPWin to ERWin and you should get what your looking for. BPWin allows the importing and synchronization of ERWin models.

>If you want more info on ERwin, gimme an e-mail and I'll dig up the phone #, address, etc...

>Gary Wong (gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca)
>Information Technology Consultant

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
It is far better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt... Received on Thu Sep 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message