Survey of best bound data grid control...

From: <Postmaster_at_czeng.roch875.mc.xerox.com>
Date: 1995/09/14

Dear Netters:

We are conducting a survey of bound data grid controls for VB and would like your input. In particular, we would like information on the best bound grid control for connecting to Oracle databases. If you have some working experience with some of the following controls (or others) please mail your opinions and a summary of the products will be posted to this group.

EnQuiry                                 from Crescent Inc.
Spread/VBX       			from Farpoint Inc.
TrueGrid        			from Apex Inc.
DataDirect MultiLink/VB			from Intersolv Inc.
DataGrid				from Sheridan Data Widgets, Inc.
(others)

What we are looking for is the ability to at least perform the following functions:

  1. Record Locking
  2. Transaction processing
  3. Bound directly to database tables
  4. Indexing
  5. Preserve integrity
  6. Fast data access
  7. Many events and properties
  8. Ability to change grid appearance
  9. Ability to extract subsets of the data
  10. Inserts, deletes, updates, etc.

With best regards and many thanks!

Charles Received on Thu Sep 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message