Re: Forms4 font problems

From: per.andersson_at_mbox5.swipnet.se <Per>
Date: 1995/09/14

> jckelly_at_netcom.com (John Kelly) writes:
> I have a customer who now says that the screens are great BUT the screen font
> is too small :( So I went into the field properties and changed the font size
> from 14 to 16 points. The text looks fine but the field or window that the
> text is displayed in clips off some of the text. I can resize the field by hand
> but it is a hit or miss effort. Oracle says that once a screen is designed and
> the font is set there is no easy way to resize the field. So I would have to
> rebuild 30+ screens to get the desired effect :() Any suggestions? We are
> running Solaris 7.1.6, Forms 4 and X/OpenLook/Motif. Thanks in Advance.
>
> --
> John C. Kelly Home: jckelly_at_netcom.com
> DISCLAIMER: I speak for me. Only. "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional."

You could try to use Property Classes.

You set them up in a "lib-form" and rerence them into all other forms.

When you want to change font or something else, you just make the changes in the lib-form, and then you generate all the other forms...

This works fine for font, height for an item. If you also want the width to be flexible you must either make one class for each width of item you plan to use, or you can have some code in the startup of forms that make this changes at runtime...

Per Andersson

(This works OK in Forms 4.5... I hope you get it to your platform soon...!) Received on Thu Sep 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message