Re: Trapping ODBC Connect errors - How?

From: Mark Tomlinson <73125.1040_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1995/09/13

cmspringer_at_amoco.com wrote:

>I am using MS Access as the front end to an Oracle database via the
>ODBC drivers for O7. I can connect to it just fine, but (as an
>example) if I enter an incorrect password *my* screen does not detect
>an error, but the tiny LOGON TO ORACLE box appears, asking for a
>password.

>How can I trap bad connects myself?

Since the logon dialog is integral to the odbc driver, (sqora7), you would need to write your program in such a way as to validate the passowrd before attemting to send it to the odbc driver. There is no way to prevent the odbc driver from displaying this dialog if the logon info is incorrect. Received on Wed Sep 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message