Re: DBMS_JOBS question

From: Bob King <rking_at_dfw.net>
Date: 1995/09/12

In article <azmoodehDEr4rq.6oL_at_netcom.com>, azmoodeh_at_netcom.com says...

>Hi,
>
>I need to schedule a script to run using DBMS_JOBS. Does anyone know how
>I can do this?
>Thanks in advance for your help,
>Feel free to e-mail me with your response or post it here.
>Mickey.

We're using them quite a bit. my experience is primarily vms.

  1. Look in the directory (ora_rdbms on vms, rdbms/admin on unix, for the dbmsjob.sql file. most of the documentation is here.
  2. if you're using snapsnots, replace the init.ora snapshot parameters with the job parameters - snapshots are a subset of jobs.
  3. create the pl/sql procedure and test it out - if the pl/sql procedure fails, you can have problems with job.

4 . submit it the job using the process called for in dbmsjob.sql. It will execute like snapshots - that is you define the start, increment and it will be run as long at the background processes are cycled.

--
Bob King - rking_at_dfw.net
business ph. - (817) 551-8223