Problems with PMON background process???

From: <ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si>
Date: 1995/09/12

Hello!

I have a problem on Oracle RDBMS 7.1 on AIX 4.1

We use in our environment client-server config. with one AIX3.2.5 as application server ( non-Oracle and Oracle tools ) and database server on AIX4.1 with Oracle RDBMS 7.1.6.

When user looged out from the database or is somehow preliminary aborted

on database server his session still exists in RDBMS and of course all the resources he had used ( locks are most problematic ).

As i understand PMON background process is responsible for cleaning such structures from the RDBMS system ( memory structures ). My question is what am i doing wrong in setting up RDBMS system. Is there any way to control behaviour of PMON?

How is PMON interelated with dispatchers Dnnn on multithreaded server? or in other way what differences are in behaviour of PMON on dedicated server and PMON on multithreaded server?

I appreciate your help and thanx for potential answers

Ivan Drvaric,
Maribor - Slovenia

drvaric_at_extdrv.uni-mb.si

Maribor, 12th Sep, '95 Received on Tue Sep 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message