Re: Forms 4.5 Questions

From: Swapan Jha <jhas_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/09/08

In <42n9ru$la2_at_its.hooked.net> Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net> writes:

>I have four questions that I am hoping to get answers to.
>
>1. How can I assign a block to a new window? So far all the blocks
 that I
>have created are useing the same window and that just won't do.

Ans : There are two objects

  1. Windows b) Canvas View

      you can assign a block to a canvas and canvas to a window.

      Select Canvas Property and change the window option to the new
      window name. When you create a block you specify the canvas name.
      if you are moving a block from one window to another you will
      have to reassign the canvas view which contains tha block to the
      new window in the object navigator.

>2. What is the navigation code that I use in a When_Button_Pressed
>trigger to call a new window or block?

   Ans : Use can use

                     Go_Block('Block_name');

         Or you can use show_view('canvas_name');

>3. What are the advantages of creating multiple moduals verses one
 modual
>with all the blocks windows and PL/SQL code?

     Reusable objects, if you create your common PL/SQL code (i.e validation, etc) as pll or stored proc, it will cut down duplicate code, increase performance, etc.

>4. Is there a way to remove the "Oracle Forms 4.5" banner on the Main
>window when generating and running forms created with 4.5

Use

   SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY Built-in

Syntax:
SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY(window_id, property, value);

Built-In Type: unrestricted procedure

Enter Query Mode: yes

Sets a property for the indicated window.

On Microsoft Windows, forms run inside the MDI application window. You can use SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY to set the following properties of the MDI application window:

	·	TITLE
	·	POSITION
	·	WIDTH, HEIGHT
	·	WINDOW_SIZE
	·	WINDOW_STATE
	·	X_POS, Y_POS

To reference the MDI application window in a call to SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY, use the constant FORMS_MDI_WINDOW:

Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW, TITLE, 'Testing.....') Received on Fri Sep 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message