Re: Oracle Database Monitoring Programs wanted

From: Craig S. Mullins <MULLC_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1995/09/07

In article <42n09d$jc8_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> kasten10_at_aol.com (Kasten10) writes:
>From: kasten10_at_aol.com (Kasten10)
>Subject: Re: Oracle Database Monitoring Programs wanted
>Date: 7 Sep 1995 10:40:45 -0400

>In article <42ce6e$g4m_at_sundog.tiac.net>, stahmosh_at_tiac.net (Steve Tahmosh)
>writes:

>>>I am looking for Oracle Database Monitoring programs.
>>>I want to be able to be notified via e-mail or page of my databases
>>>have gone down. What table spaces have hit a specified usage,
>>>i.e. 90% full, how many extents left, buffer sizes, etc.

>>>I am getting evaluation copies from two vendors of software which
>>>meets this need. One is called Watch Works, the other is DBMX,
>>>a program integrated with Tivoli. I am looking for others to
>>>evaluate others.

>>>The program must be a UNIX based Motif program, preferably SunOS,
>>>Solaris and AIX are usable.

>>>I would appreciate information on how to contact other vendors who
>>>produce a product similar to the above.
>>Martin Hammett hammett_at_cig.mot.com Phone: +1 708-632-2191

>You might also give Eventus a call. They have a product named
>WatchWorks that appears to do all you request. Demo's are
>possible (mine's on the way). They can be reached at
>800.871.4871. I've been talking to Nasreen Husain who can also
>be e-mailed at nasreenh_at_miti.com.

>Chris Kasten
>P/A

PLATINUM technology, inc. provides a product called DB Vision that will provide a comprehensive environment for Oracle database monitoring and meet your platform requirements.

For more information call 1-800-442-6861 -OR- 708/620-5000.

Cheers,
Craig S. Mullins
PLATINUM technology, inc. Received on Thu Sep 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message