Re: Oracle Database Monitoring Programs wanted

From: Gilles Bruno <Gilles.Bruno_at_ujf-grenoble.fr>
Date: 1995/09/01

In article <hammett.809766458_at_peacrab>,

   hammett_at_peacrab.cig.mot.com (Martin Hammett) wrote:
>I am looking for Oracle Database Monitoring programs.
>I want to be able to be notified via e-mail or page of my databases
>have gone down. What table spaces have hit a specified usage,
>i.e. 90% full, how many extents left, buffer sizes, etc.
>
>I am getting evaluation copies from two vendors of software which
>meets this need. One is called Watch Works, the other is DBMX,
>a program integrated with Tivoli. I am looking for others to
>evaluate others.
>The program must be a UNIX based Motif program, preferably SunOS,
>Solaris and AIX are usable.
>I would appreciate information on how to contact other vendors who
>produce a product similar to the above.

Hi Martin ! If you haven't found such a program I suggest you to check out Robert Gash's XOFM (x-based oracle file monitor).It doesn't covers all your needs (eg. e-mail notification), but most of them I think (tablespace watching, graphical representation, warning, fragmentation .and so on) AND IT'S FREE !
To my point of view it's the best choice you could make 'till you find exactly what you're looking for.
It was posted to comp.databases.oracle before and must be archived somewhere (try archie). Let me know if you don't find it.

Hope this helps.

BTW : the archive name is xofm-1.12.tar

      And old version is archived in comp.sources.x vol. 22.

   ('<      Gilles BRUNO.   Universite Joseph Fourier.
  ,',)      Tel: +33 76 63 56 68    Fax: +33 76 51 42 74
 ''<<       E-mail: Gilles.Bruno_at_ujf-grenoble.fr