Help with second database under PO7

From: Paul Couchman <paul_at_buster1.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/09/01

I have created a second database under Personal ORACLE 7, but I am unable to create a valid alias for it in the database manager. I can get a status on the "starter database", but when I try to get a status on the new database I get the error :ORA 12203 - TNS unable to connect to destination.

I notice that the starter database has a LOCAL=2: set in the oracle.ini file, but if I have created a database called "engines" what is the connect string ?

No wonder ORACLE recommend that you use the starter database (even though you have little or no control on datafile names or locations!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Sep 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message