Re: ODBC & PO7 for Win95

From: Stusoft System Admin <root_at_stusoft.iaccess.za>
Date: 1995/09/06

root_at_stusoft.iaccess.za (Stusoft System Admin) writes:

>If anybody could help me with the parm string to connect to a PO7
>oracle database using odbc it would be appreciated.

>System: Windows 95, PO7 for Win95. Visual Basic 3.0(Prof) and odbc
>(sqora.dll, ora6win.dll etc). My odbc.ini and oracle.ini look ok, they were
>taken from a machine whic connects to a remote database (changed obv to suit
>local database)

>My gut feel is I need to install sql*net v2.0 as well - but this does not seem
>correct.

>When attempting to use odbc I get an ora-09241 error.

>thanx

>andrew

>root_at_stusoft.iafrica.com

SOLVED

It pays to rftm.

To use the 16bit odbc drivers (supplied with VB3) with PO7 for Win95 you need to copy some files from the distribution dirs (ora16upd?) and then the odbc works 100%. Also don't forget the odbc.ini entries need to point to a server called 2:

cheers

andrew

root_at_stusoft.iafrica.com Received on Wed Sep 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message