Re: ODBC & PO7 for Win95

From: Darryl Shields <D.Shields_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: 1995/09/06

root_at_stusoft.iaccess.za (Stusoft System Admin) wrote:

>If anybody could help me with the parm string to connect to a PO7
>oracle database using odbc it would be appreciated.

>System: Windows 95, PO7 for Win95. Visual Basic 3.0(Prof) and odbc
>(sqora.dll, ora6win.dll etc). My odbc.ini and oracle.ini look ok, they were
>taken from a machine whic connects to a remote database (changed obv to suit
>local database)

>My gut feel is I need to install sql*net v2.0 as well - but this does not seem
>correct.

>When attempting to use odbc I get an ora-09241 error.

>thanx

>andrew

>root_at_stusoft.iafrica.com

I'm not sure of the command string, but make sure you have the latest ODBC drivers installed (ora6win.dll is obviously for version 6). I connect to Oracle7 on a Unix server and have ODBC drivers for 7 & 7.1 (eg. sqlora7.dll, sqlora71.dll, etc ..)

I hope this is of some help

Darryl Received on Wed Sep 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message