Re: Oracle7 Workgroup Server for NetWare

From: Pisit Poenateetai <pisitpoe_at_ksc5.th.com>
Date: 1995/09/05

Suthatip Khuhiran <suthatip_at_comnet3.ksc.net.th> wrote:
>I have installed Oracle7 Workgroup Server for NetWare
>on a 486-33 with 20MB RAM running NetWare 4.1 and have
>the following problem.
>
> ORA-00205:error in identifying control file 'SYS:ORANW\DATABASE\wgctl.ora'
> ORA-09202:sfifi:error identifying file
> OSD-02071: unable to open file for reading or writing (OS 1).
>
>How can I obtain the file wgctl.ora.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Hi Khun Suthatip,

Normally, By following the default installation instruction, surely, you will obtain it. The problem for now might be the reason of misplacement of wgctl.ora during the installtion.

So first, you have to find it - (if any), hint: it should be located in the same directory of wgsys.ora, wglog1, and other wg*.ora. If found, you have to change the parameter 'control_file' in your init.ora (probably in \ORANW\RDBMS71\)

If not found, you might have to reinstall it again. If the problem persists, please directly contact to local Oracle Support or direct your mail to
http://www.oracle.com/support/feedback.html. There, Betsy and her colleagues would be very pleased to solve your problems especially for the installtion problems.

Hope this helps.

Pisit P.

Remarks: I, personnally, have never tried on Oracle Workgroup product yet, but I think it can be applied in the same way. Received on Tue Sep 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message