Re: Runform sizing (Forms 4.5)

From: vertis <vertis_at_xs1.xs4all.nl>
Date: 1995/09/04

Andrew Dowswell (Dowswea_at_aa.wl.com) wrote:
: Does anyone if the screen size for runform is stored somewhere or if it is
: hardcoded in the executable. The only information that I have found in the
: documentation for the actual runform window is for minimizing or maximizing.
: Did Oracle leave this out? Is it off to the Windows API book?

: TIA,

: Andy

I think the window-size is not saved anywhere; it is just some percentage of the maximum screen size. But: normally, windows-applications save there screen sizes etc. in an INI-file. You can do the same, by saving the runform screen size on exit of your session, and reading it again on startup. You can add your entries in an INI-file by using USER-exits in WINDEMO.PLL (but you should then copy WINDEMO.DLL to F45XTB.DLL etc, and don't forget to do this for your users as well, with EVERY upgrade of Forms); better is to use the PLL, used with the (DEMO) application DLL; it contains a foreign call to a dll (winsample) to read and write INI-files; see the file DLL.WRI in your FORMS45\DEMOS directory. If you want to know more about the foreign calls, check out the demo-directory FOREIGN, with a VERY USEFULL applcication FFIGEN.

If you need more help, mail me at HOORNR_at_VERTIS.NL

Hope it helps......

Robbert van der Hoorn Received on Mon Sep 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message