Re: SqlNet...Someone Slap me Please.

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/09/03

Mike Adamski (mike_at_mneme) writes:

> Oracle tells me that I'd better switch my world to SQL*NET V2, 'cuze they
> aina gonna support V1 afta June '96. So ok, I read on. I'm happy to move
> out of the stone ages. I read on, and find lots of wonderful things said
> 'bout said product, and I get excited (silly me?). Then I go to my install
> manual, to see about installing the thing...and on page 7-7 of my sun sparc
> ICG, it says
>
> "Note: These congifuration files MUST be generated using the Windows version
> of Oracle Network Manager."

   Mike this is seriously scary stuff. I would HOPE it's a typo. You're a bit of a 7.2 pioneer here so I can't be of too much help (still waiting for my own 7.2).

   I've had no problem using the Sun (Motif) version of Network Manager to generate the SQL*Net 2 CONFIG files up to now (7.1). If those existing config files are not upward compatible it would be a first.

--
   - Doug Harris
     IS Project Leader, Prices Division,