OpenVMS 6.1 and Oracle compatability

From: <venard_at_sis.bms.com>
Date: 1995/09/02

Greetings,

We have a VAXcluster consisting of two VAX 7630 computer systems, running OpenVMS version 5.5-2. We have the following version of Oracle installed and running on this VAXcluster:

	6.0.36.7.0
	7.0.13.0.0
	7.0.15.2.0
	7.0.16.6.2
	7.1.3.2.0

We are planning to uprade the OpenVMS operating system to version 6.1 by the end of the year. According to Oracle, only the following versions of Oracle are "certified" to work with OpenVMS version 6.1:

	7.1.3.2.0
	7.0.16.6.2
	6.0.37.6

My question to this group is: Has anyone upgrade from OpenVMS 5.5-2 to OpenVMS 6.1, while continuing to use any of the following versions of Oracle on the same system after the upgrade:

	6.0.36.7.0
	7.0.13.0.0
	7.0.15.2.0

.. and if so, what were your experiences with Oracle after the upgrade as far as compatability with OpenVMS 6.1 was concerned?

  • Robert VENARD_at_BMS.COM