Re: Defragmenting SYSTEM tablespace

From: Larry M. Jones <ljones_at_mindseye.berkeley.edu>
Date: 1995/09/01

ganeshk_at_aol.com (GaneshK) wrote:
>As a result of using the default installation procedure my Oracle7 server
>SYSTEM tablespace is fragmented (I can count atleast 10 free space extents
>in the tablespace). We do not have any user created objects or RBS in the
>system tablespace. Is there a way to defragment the SYSTEM tablespace.

Exporting it, changing storage parameters & importing it is the cheap solution. There are several 3rd party DBA type tools around that will defrag tablespaces (don't know about SYSTEM, though). Prices vary by what system you're running on. Sorry, but I don't have the literature available any more on the companies. You should be able to find them in DBMS magazine or any other data base magazine. Received on Fri Sep 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message