Re: Defragmenting SYSTEM tablespace

From: Craig S. Mullins <MULLC_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1995/09/07

In article <42msk9$q0g_at_jaring.my> mghuat_at_pop2.jaring.my (mghuat) writes:
>From: mghuat_at_pop2.jaring.my (mghuat)
>Subject: Re: Defragmenting SYSTEM tablespace
>Date: Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:31:10 GMT

>random_at_flowbee.interaccess.com (Brett Neumeier) wrote:
>>
>> Unless several objects in your SYSTEM tablespace have more than
>>one extent, however, there is really no need to do this. If there are
>>several free extents, even if they are scattered throughout the
>>tablespace, that *won't* hurt your performance. There's no need to worry
>>about it.
>> Platinum Technology sells a utility called TSreorg, which can
>>de-fragment any tablespace (including SYSTEM) *while the database is up*.
>Is it for ORacle version 6 ? or all version
> How can I contact Platinum via Email ?
> I'm in Malaysia rite now..
> my fax number is 03-4439596
> Name is Lee Meng Hong from Information technology department.

You can contact PLATINUM's Malaysia office at the following address and phone number:

PLATINUM technology
Level 36 Menara Lion
165 Jalan Ampang
50450 Juala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phone: [60](3) 269-6104
Fax: [60](3) 269-6168

The technical contact in Malaysia is Suaid Ishak and the sales contact is Daniel Chia.

Good luck,
Craig S. Mullins
PLATINUM technology, inc. [USA] Received on Thu Sep 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message