Re: HELP !!! New Page for each Master Record

From: Thomas B. Cox <tcox_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/30

In article <421vfg$t4f_at_lantana.singnet.com.sg>, Tong Siew Pui <sptong_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote:
>I am using Oracle Development Report V2.5.

>I have a program that make use of a query that has a master and detail
>relationship. However, because of user requirement, after using the
>default layout of Matser/Detail layout, I need to move some items from
>the master record below the repeating field of the detail record. I
>did this by moving the items (fields) and create a normal frame around
>these items. I did not use "anchor" to link the detail records with
>the new group (frame). It is too troublemsome.

>What should I do to have a new page for each master record ??

>I tried using the "page break before" on the master record group. It
>wouldn't work. I tried using the "page break after", it also would not
>work.

One of the properties of the master repeating frame is "max records per page" -- set it to 1.

From the online help:

Maximum Records per Page

Is the maximum number of instances of the repeating frame that will be formatted on a logical page.

 Required/Optional: Optional.

        Blank means that as many instances of the repeating frame as possible can be formatted on a logical page.

Default: Blank.

 Examples:

  1. Suppose that you have a repeating frame with many instances. To improve the appearance of your report, you prefer to have at most three instances of the repeating frame on a given logical page. To ensure that you never have more than three instances per logical page, you set Maximum Records Per Page to 3.
  2. Suppose that you want each instance of a repeating frame to be on a logical page by itself. First, set Maximum Records Per Page to 1 for the repeating frame so that only one instance appears on each logical page. Then, check Page Break Before and Page Break After, to make sure that the first instance of the repeating frame starts on a new logical page. -- Thomas B. Cox tcox_at_netcom.com Author of _Oracle Workgroup Server Handbook_, ISBN 0-07-881186-4

...be seeing you at IOUW '95! Received on Wed Aug 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message