Re: 7.0.16 vs 7.1.6 Stored Procedures

From: Vince Cross <vcross_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 1995/08/30

In article <421hm4$c0i_at_explorer.csc.com>, Charles Walker <cwalker_at_explorer.csc.com> wrote:
>We have some stored procedures that have been running with 7.0.16 for
>quite some time. With 7.1.6 the same procedures are being used and they
>take forever to run. It appeares the "Select into" statements in the
>stored procedures are now ignoring the indexes and are doing complete
>table scans. We have a SQL script that assigns values to local variables
>and runs a SELECT statement based on the variables, this takes 1.5
>miniutes to return. When the variables are replaced with actual values
>it only takes 1 second to return. This did not happen with 7.0.16. Does
>anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

I don't know if this is related to your problem, but I do know there is a bug in 7.1 for HPUX that causes procedures that join more than 5 or 6 tables to run really slow. Supposedly this is fixed in 7.2. I would call Oracle support and ask them if your problem is part of the same bug. Sorry, I don't have any more info on the problem (I found out about it from someone else).

Vince

--
* disclaimer - My views respresent NT/BNR in every way, NOT!
NOTE - my real email address is bartok_at_bnr.ca, NOT vcross_at_bnr.ca