Power Object V1.0 anamoly

From: Kasten10 <kasten10_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/08/30

Last month I downloaded the then current Oracle Power Object - Developer's

Release 2 (OPODR2). Seemed to work good and I could connect to *any* oracle
database.

Yesterday I received the trial version of the 'new' Oracle Power Objects. It is not
the client server version and states that I can ony connect to a Blaze database or
a Personal Oracle database on the same machine.

One of my previous efforts (which I of course re-compiled in the new version) started
out with the default dialog prompting the user for connection type, name, password
and instance name. That dialog box now only contains Blaze, and local Oracle -
I could not reach the server databases. (dialog box comes up automatically when
you put a '?' in the runConnect property.) I set the runConnect property to one
of my server databases (hard coded) - NOW it connects there just fine, even
tho' I'm not supposed to!?!

My questions are:

  1. Anyone else noticed this?
  2. Is this a flaw? (allowing the non-client server version of OPO to actually be a client-server version)

Chris Kasten
P/A Received on Wed Aug 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message