Re: Job Postings

From: Ed Maldonado <ed_at_ritz.mordor.com>
Date: 1995/08/28

Rick Jones (raj_at_cup.hp.com) wrote:
: Ken Ingram (VRNF04A_at_prodigy.com) wrote:
: : I agree. I feel that this newsgroup is appropriate for the listing of
: : ORACLE jobs. They are clearly marked so that uninterested parties can
:
: I disagree. :) comp.* is meant for technical discussions.
:
: There is already a heirarchy devoted to job listings - misc.jobs. It
: is where people should know to go to find jobs. Certainly, that is
: where I went when I found my job. If misc.jobs is too cluttered, then
: that heirarchy can be re-organized.
:
: just one dissenting opinion,
:
: rick jones

I also disagree. If we need to create a new group called alt.jobs.oracle or misc.jobs.oracle then so be it, but if any of you have seen the avalanch of garbage posted to misc.jobs and misc.jobs.contracts you to will oppose this measure.

I don't like having to sift through 500 postings from the dice server for a DBA's position in b.f.e, when all I really want to do is share in a technical disscusion with my fellow Oracle Wizards and once in a while help the occational lost soul looking for Oracle wisdom.

						Thanx but no thanx,
						Ed
						(Consultant _at_ Large)