Re: Oracle on Solaris 2.4 w/ patch level 1

From: Jerry Croce 66511 <ebujjc_at_ebu.ericsson.com>
Date: 1995/08/25

sunss10_at_aol.com (SUN SS10) wrote:

>I am currently doing an Oracle 7.1.6.2 install on a Sparc10 Model 71 with
>Solaris 2.4 and SUN kernel patch 101945-27. When the installer begins
>relinking (compiling) the RDBMS it crashes. The install.log file shows the
>error, but it's not very helpful. I installed SUN's SparcCompiler C
>V.3.0 (with Patches). I also put the C directory in my path and I made
>sure /usr/ucb is at the end of my path. I called Oracle support 2 days
>ago and I am still waiting.... Any suggestions? Fortunatly/Unfortunatly
>this is only a test install before I install Oracle on a new SS1000E.

I did not see the original post, so I did not see the original error message. However I had a problem with relinking Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.4. My problem was I needed a larger /tmp. The Oracle install book is not very accurate. I increase /tmp to 170MB and things seem to work.

Jerry Croce			Voice: 1-714-236-6511
Ericsson			Fax:   1-714-236-6039
5757 Plaza Drive
Cypress, CA 90630		Email: Jerry.Croce_at_ebu.ericsson.com