Re: Oracle Passthrough Query Problem

From: Haakon T. Soenderland <hts_at_sasdata.no>
Date: 1995/08/23

In article <41d7ii$fmg_at_tpd.dsccc.com>, jbarrios_at_tp.dsccc.com says...

>I am using MS Access to connect to Oracle7 using ODBC. When I try to run a Passthrough SQL Select statement that contains the vari
>able & in a BETWEEN operator (to prompt the user to enter two values) Oracle returns the error message "ORA-01008 not all variable
>s bound."
>
>If I remove the & variables and tnter the values in the BETWEEN operator, the query runs fine.
>
>I would like to have the users to be able to be prompted to enter the respective values. Does anyone knows a solution to this & va
>riable problem?

The & is a SQLPlus command and thus will not work with Access.

I don't know Access, but I'm pretty sure there is a way of setting up parameters to a query. It should be possible to find out through on-line help.

Hope this helps,
Haakon

--
hts_at_sasdata.no | haakon.soenderland_at_thcave.bbs.no | Haakon T. Soenderland
Scandinavian Airlines Data Norway A/S