Sizing Tablespaces for Indexes

From: Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: 1995/08/21

I have been reading several Oracle books on how to claculate the correct size for the index tablespace that will contain the indexes for my tables. It seems that each author has a differnet method. Is there a simple yet robust method of doing this as far as calculating the DB file size, initial, and next extents sizes ???

Given that the primary key is defined as NUMBER(7) and this will be used as the index, how can the index tablespace be calculated without the tables containing any data.

The tables will vary in size as far as the number of columns (3 columns up to a 64). As far as rows (max of 30 up to 500,000). Received on Mon Aug 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message