Re: Win 95 Remote Access

From: Paul Salay <psalay_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1995/08/14

Tyler J. Wilson (twilson_at_vines.colostate.edu) wrote: : psalay_at_primenet.com (Paul Salay) wrote:

: >SQL*Net IPX/SPX seems to run great under Win 95. I can connect with no
: >problems with NETTEST. However, if I try to connect using Remote Access
: >th Oracle Connection fails. Any ideas on what is different about the RAS
: >IPX/SPX connection from the 'live' connection?

: RAS uses NetBuie (SP?) as the communication protocol, and Oracle Doesn't : support this.

RAS pipes the IPX/SPX packets using NetBeui. I can see Novell servers and access files on those servers using RAS. All Novel stuff works just not the Oracle connection stuff. I fact, if you look at the RAS info screen you see the connection attached with bot NetBeui and IPX addresses.

You are correct in the case that I use WFWG. The client app there only supports NetBeui.,. Received on Mon Aug 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message