Re: Table Exports w/ long comments

From: Bob Johnson <bobj_at_magna.com.au>
Date: 1995/08/13

In article <40dud3$5k_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com>, jhanse1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com says...

>Howdy All,
>
>I have recently had a problem trying to export a table that has rather
 lengthy
>comments on the table and the columns of the table.
>
>The export failed with an 'ORA-01406: fetched column value was
 truncated' error.

>This error refers to increasing the column buffer to correct the
 problem, but
>I have no idea where this type of parameter would be.
>
>I have been able to export the table by removing the comments, but would
 like
>to export the comments as well as the data.
>
>If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
>
>Thanks,
>

>Jeff L. Hansen
>Tandy Corporation
>jeff.hansen_at_tandy.com

Jeff,

Try some of the following options

  • give a number like 65768 when prompted for buffer size
  • use the command line parameter buffer = 32768
  • RTFM
  • get Tandy to buy you a better manual or book
  • ask Oracle support

enough rambling, I'm having a bad day

Bob Johnson
Computervision
Sydney, Australia Received on Sun Aug 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message